It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt.
The Stroke Assdociation believe that everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
Operating throughout the UK, the charity provides support services to everyone affected by stroke, including families and carers. The charity raises awareness of stroke and campaign for better emergency, rehabilitation and support services. They also invest in stroke research to help reduce the incidence of stroke, to find the best treatment and long-term care and improve quality of life for stroke survivors.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Events expert to lead their Products Team (Mass Participation Products & Events). Reporting to the Head of Growth & Acquisition, you will lead a team of 5 Product Officers to develop and deliver an exciting portfolio of virtual, social, owned and third-party events.
You will be responsible for the strategic evolution and management of their growing events programme maximising income generation and ROI. A vital part of your role will be to work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure all supporters receive an excellent experience and begin a lifelong relationship with the Stroke Association.
About the role
As Events Product Manager, you will:
- Deliver a brand-new owned walking event to confirm proof of concept, followed by reviewing and agreeing its future potential
- Support and develop the Products Team in their roles to deliver a successful annual program of events and products with an expenditure of £550k to raise income of £1.8m as a team
- Support the team to action development plans for our non-partnered and challenge events portfolio
- Manage the Product Team budget, monitoring, mitigating risk and reforecasting
Ideal skills and experience:
- Managing a range of events and products including owned, third party and virtual
- Managing high volume multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Budget management, planning, and reforecasting
- Leading a team of five to successfully exceed income and recruitment targets
Employee benefits include:
- 25 days leave per year (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme: employee 3%, employer 6%
- Cashback and discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, including a 24-hour doctor phoneline service, around the clock support through their counselling line, and face-to-face counselling if required