Make-A-Wish exists to put those issues to one side by empowering a child with the chance to choose a wish that’s unique to them, when so much else has been decided for them because of their health needs. In doing so, a wish creates hope, happiness and memories for the whole family to cherish.
As a well known brand, you may have seen coverage of some of their incredible special events, including the Art of Wishes, a high energy, high profile event which is led by one of their patrons and as a consequence attracts an UHNWI audience, which raises between c.£2-3m in a Gala year. A new philanthropy team has been created to further build on those relationships (and others) to turn them into long-term supporters of the organisation.
Working with the newly appointed Philanthropy Lead, this new role for the charity will focus on gifts of £25k+ and developing a pipeline of donors from a very warm base. By decoupling special events and philanthropy, the ambition is to establish a dedicated philanthropy programme (major donors and trusts/foundations) that can achieve growth, building on a portfolio that is only currently scratching the surface of what is possible (c.£500-600k BAU income).
The Philanthropy Manager will work closely with other functions focusing on deeper relationships and donor stewardship there is significant uplift potential of existing supporters, alongside a wealth of new prospect opportunities.
About the role
As Philanthropy Manager, you will:
- Creating and overseeing a pipeline of approximately 100 current and potential supporters
- Cultivating relationships with new and lapsed donors, particularly those contributing £25,000 or more and securing multi-year gifts
- Build strong connections with senior volunteer leaders to leverage their networks for increased support to Make-A-Wish
- Deliver a high level of personalised donor care and stewardship to foster long-term philanthropic commitments and gifts-in-kind
Ideal skills and experience:
- Track record in major donor fundraising of bringing in 5 figure gifts
- Experience of developing and working with a pipeline
- Confidence in working with senior volunteers
- Enjoys being donor facing and developing relationships
- Confidence and gravitas to thrive interacting with HNWI’s
- Results driven and wants to make an meaningful impact for Make-A-Wish
Employee benefits include:
- Flexible and agile working
- 26 days annual leave with the option to buy more
- An additional day’s leave on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to our Make-A-Wish skills portal
- Access to a pension scheme into which we pay 4% of the value of your monthly salary value
- Two days of additional paid leave a year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing support, training and events, including a wellbeing and retail discount platform
- Mental Health First Aiders and occupational health
- Enhanced maternity pay for eligible employees – 12 weeks at 100% of your salary (to include statutory maternity pay due), followed by 27 weeks at SMP
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work initiative