Current and recent donors within the T&F portfolio include: National Lottery, Health and Social Care Alliance, Wolfson Foundation, People’s Postcode Lottery, Gannochy Trust, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Eveson Trust, Awards for All, and Gilead Sciences (a corporate trust).
Reporting directly to the Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships, the Trusts Manager will grow and build strategic relationships with grant makers. The postholder will lead a small team of 2, with a supportive and nurturing approach, and natural instincts to focus on the professional development of their line reports.
Given the huge potential for Terrence Higgins Trust to raise its game when it comes to trusts and foundations fundraising, this role would suit someone proactive. Pipeline development will be key – you will work closely with the Prospect Research Manager to enable THT to better utilise and engage their existing prospects/funding partners, whilst adopting a proactive approach to identifying and recognising the potential of new supporters that enables them to diversify their supporter base.
About the role
As Trusts Manager you will:
- Proactively identify, research and secure new funding opportunities – establishing relationships on a regional and national scale that align to THT’s strategic priorities, with an emphasis on multi-year funding
- Establish strong internal working relationships, collaborating with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that partnership opportunities are optimised and provide significant value to the organisation
- Account manage existing relationships, liaising with programme/project staff to ensure donor objectives are met and fully reported against
- Work closely with key stakeholders (including trustees/senior volunteers) to maximise network opportunities and engage/steward new and existing funders
Ideal skills and experience:
- A skilled trusts and foundations fundraiser, with expertise of securing 6-figure, multi-year funding from grant funders, charitable foundations, lottery or statutory sources
- A collaborative and strategic thinker, with demonstrable expertise and interest to work closely with internal teams, securing income that supports the delivery of organisational objectives
- Relationship focused in your approach – with a keen interest in developing long term/in-depth relationships with funders
- A nurturing and encouraging approach to team leadership, keen to develop talent within the team and support professional development
Return to the main page for details of employee benefits and working at Terrence Higgins Trust.