Health/medical charity | Hackney, London | £35,000 | Permanent
About the charity/role
This charity provides high quality palliative care for patients with cancer and other life-threatening conditions across East and North London. They have a large team of clinical staff who work across community, in-patient services and out-patient services delivering individualised, responsive and holistic support to patients and their families/carers.
You will work in the dynamic fundraising team of 10, and be solely responsible for trusts and foundations budgeting, applications, and relationship management.
Working closely with the Head of Fundraising on growth plans and strategy, you will be responsible for writing and submitting compelling funding applications. You will be hungry for development and ownership of your income stream to drive its success.
- Highly driven and motivated to develop as a fundraiser
- A track record in generating income from trusts and foundations, ideally five-figure gifts or more
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for this cause and the work the charity is striving to achieve is paramount
- Ability to do effective research to understand funders’ interests and maximise potential for success
- Experience of cross-team working, to develop new systems and more effective ways of working
Interviews will be held the week following the closing date (15 Jan 2021).
The role will be initially home-based, returning to the office in Hackney with flexible working when suitable.
You will need an updated CV and a one-page supporting statement in Word format to make an application.
Benefits include 27 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and generous pension allowance.