FareShare | Deptford, SE London | £30,000 to £35,000
8.4 million people in the UK, the equivalent of the entire population of London, are struggling to afford to eat while hundreds of thousands of tonnes of good food is wasted. FareShare is the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. They are a successful and growing movement of socially and environmentally minded individuals that serve a huge and growing need by reducing food waste. Their impact is clear, wide-ranging and obvious but currently only 5% of usable surplus food waste is redistributed this way.
In the last two years, FareShare’s fundraising team of eight has grown their voluntary income to over £2.7 million, with the trusts and grants team of three generating more than 50% of it. FareShare is looking for a Trusts & Foundations Officer to manage and develop a warm portfolio of donors, while working creatively, relationally and proactively to diversify and grow trusts and foundation income.
FareShare needs a Trusts & Foundations Officer to:
- develop a mixed portfolio of new and existing relationships that generated over £300k last year from a range of five- and six-figure grants
- lead and develop bids for up to and including six-figure grants
The role would best suit:
- a proactive, self motivated fundraiser who is keen to spot and develop opportunities
- an excellent team player, able to add to the high-performing group
- a confident communicator, able to meet and speak to funders and key stakeholders
If you want to develop your career and build upon your solid trusts and fundraising skills in a role that has great scope and potential, please get in touch to discuss.