International development | London | Circa £40,000
About the charity/role
This charity’s trusts team has achieved significant growth in recent years, generating income of just under £600,000 in 2018 with further growth expected this year and beyond after recently implementing a robust and ambitious five year growth strategy.
The Trusts and Foundations Manager will join a small but thriving fundraising team and will lead the trusts function as it moves into its next phase of growth. The postholder will focus on increasing their exposure and interaction with new large trusts (up to six figures) and foundations, securing longer term grants whilst nurturing and maintaining existing relationships.
As Trust and Foundations Manager you will help to build and steer a long term, sustainable trust and foundations programme by:
- growing their pipeline of mid and high value giving as well as securing longer term grants (up to five years)
- managing and maintaining an established trust portfolio which peaked in 2017 at almost £1m
- supporting the fundraising team and wider organisation to develop further innovative and varied propositions
- line managing two junior trust staff
The position would best suit:
- an experienced bid-writer with a track record of securing minimum five-figure grants looking to take the next step in their fundraising career
- someone with, or looking for, line management responsibility; the right candidate does not need to have line management experience and will be supported fully by the Director of Fundraising
- an externally focused relationship builder able to engage new funders and develop excellent proposals
- ideally, experience of working in an international development organisation, liaising with programme teams
In the first instance, please send a CV to email@example.com. Applicants with suitable experience will be invited to write a cover letter. If you need any more information, please call. Applications close Tuesday 30 July.