Mental health charity | Surrey | Up to £51,000
About the charity/role
This mental health charity is currently in its centenary year and, with 90% of income coming from voluntary sources, has undergone a programme of strategic review looking at what they do, who they serve and how they provide their service.
This is an exciting time to join as the Trusts and Foundations Manager, as you will be able to exploit the recent launch in May of a new fundraising appeal that aims to raise £10 million over three years.
This new appeal will help the charity transform into an organisation that is more responsive and geared towards a younger, more diverse population of service users.
The appeal will allow the successful postholder to not only utilise their expertise in drafting bespoke, interesting bids for a strong pipeline of warm donors, but also allow to use their new business prowess; the role will very much focus on growing the current portfolio.
The Trusts and Foundations Manager will be responsible for line managing a team of two (a Senior Trust Officer and a Trust Assistant), who are both well-established members of the team and have helped to build robust reporting and portfolio management systems (fully digitised). The postholder will sit within the wider fundraising team of 30, reporting to the Director of Fundraising.
As Trusts and Foundations Manager you will:
- lead a small but established trusts team, feeding into a team target of £1.4million
- work with an established portfolio, encouraging multi-year giving and upscaling of gifts
- drive new business development (approx. 60/40 split of new business to BAU), using the charity’s new campaign to drive new relationships and bespoke asks
- work with an established set of fundraising collateral (case for support etc) whilst being able to create new, personalised packages, working across the organisation to achieve this.
The position would best suit:
- an ambitious, dependable trust fundraiser, looking to widen their experience of six-figure+ giving by managing BAU fundraising whilst driving new business and relationships
- someone with, or looking for, line management responsibility
- someone with a real passion for this income stream, with a focused and strategic approach to their work that enables them to find and steer the best operational delivery of trust fundraising
- someone who can expertly steward, manage and develop funding relationships
- a proactive and confident team player, looking to lead a fast paced income stream in a high profile charity that is undergoing an exciting time of change.
Deadline for applications is 17 October, with interviews the following week. Please contact me at the details below for more information.