International development | London | Circa £35,000
About the charity/role
For over 70 years, this charity has been supporting people to stand up for dignity, equality and justice, helping the poorest amongst us to transform their lives. They work with local partners and communities to fight injustice, respond to humanitarian emergencies, campaign for change and help people claim the services and rights they are entitled to.
This is an exciting time to join the Fundraising and Supporter Engagement team as they move towards a more unrestricted/co-funding strategy which could significantly increase the size of gifts they look to raise. The successful candidate will join a team of five: one manager and four officers with their own portfolios. As a team, they work to a £3m target, which they are currently looking to exceed, having already hit their six-month target.
The Trust Coordinator will help to support the growth of trusts by:
- continuing the face-to-face and relational development of a portfolio of c.350 individuals who give up to £25,000. 10-15 of this group have a more established and personal relationship with the charity and therefore require greater account management
- supporting the wider team to develop further innovative and varied propositions, supporting evidence and engagement opportunities, often under tight deadlines, in response to humanitarian crises
- working to a target of £500,000 with a view to stretch this upwards by, amongst other things, stewarding the current portfolio whilst helping to develop a strategic programme of business development. The current split between business development and stewarding is 50:50.
The position would best suit:
- a creative fundraiser, not necessarily with a background in trust fundraising, looking to take the next step in their professional development
- an exceptional writer with the ability to help produce high quality fundraising collateral
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging funders and developing excellent proposals
- a proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks, to undertaking administrative tasks, financial reporting and upholding fundraising best practice.
In the first instance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 3 September with interviews being held on 9 September.