Housing and homelessness charity | London | £28,000 to £32,000
About the charity/role
This charity supports those who find themselves vulnerable to homelessness by offering vital and practical services.
While they have previously attracted support from major trusts and foundations, thanks to an excellent temporary trust fundraiser they are now looking for a permanent trust fundraiser to grow and manage an already strong portfolio of donors.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the SMT and joins at an exciting time as the fundraising team grows from one permanent member of staff, to three (Head of Fundraising, Community Fundraiser and this role), as well as pro bono prospect research support.
The overall team target for this financial year (September to August) is c.£900k (they have already secured the vast majority of this) and is c. £940k for the next (made up of trusts, statutory, major donor, community and trading income).
This role will focus on five- and six-figure giving, freeing up the Head of Fundraising’s time to concentrate on a new strategic direction, focusing on bigger, multiyear gifts to ensure growth and security of projects.
- Drive growth in this income stream, towards a personal target of c £450k, working with engaged, lapsed and new funders
- Work strategically with the whole organisation to create innovative, standalone cases for support for core and bespoke funding proposals
- Support the Head of Fundraising with the strategic direction of the team
- Mentor a team of volunteer fundraisers and interns
The position would best suit:
- an innovative trust fundraiser with demonstrable experience of engaging and stewarding funders
- someone who thrives in a demanding, fast-paced team with a positive and supportive culture replete and plenty of opportunities for growth and progression
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals with a 50:50 split towards new business
- a fundraiser with a keen interest in homelessness looking to become, or already, an expert in this field
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 22 January at 17.00. Strong applicants will be interviewed before the closing date, so do not delay in applying.