Sense International | London | Circa £40,000
Sense International is a global charity for people with deafblindness, estimated to affect up to 2% of the world’s population. The charity’s mission is to ensure anyone facing challenges because of deafblindness can have access to advice, guidance and support. Although a fairly small charity, it has a big impact because of the way it works. Rather than running services itself, Sense provides expertise and training to local organisations and schools. The charity also campaigns and lobbies governments for policy change.
Major giving has been identified as a key area for growth, with a strategic focus on securing large multi-year gifts from medium to large sized trusts, utilising a relationship-driven approach and first rate stewardship. With supportive senior leadership, warm networks in place, and a range of compelling projects, it’s a hugely exciting time to be joining this passionate and ambitious fundraising team.
The Trust and Foundations Manager will:
- work with the Head of Fundraising to develop and implement an effective trusts and foundations fundraising strategy
- lead on the relationship management of all trusts and foundations, including the development and implementation of tailored cultivation and stewardship plans
- deepen relationships with current supporters through first rate stewardship
- proactively engage new opportunities, with a focus on medium-large trusts and foundations, and build strategic relationships that create long term partnerships
- explore trustee and senior executive networks to help with new approaches
- write persuasive and tailored proposals and transpose complex programme delivery into a compelling case for support.
We are looking for:
- a tenacious and knowledgeable trusts fundraiser who can use a relationship-based approach to secure large, multi year gifts
- someone highly proactive and keen to meet with trustees of trusts in order to develop authentic and long-lasting relationships
- an expertise in identifying and researching trusts and foundations that have the potential to support a specific cause
- experience working with senior colleagues, such as trustees, in order to open up networks and help with new approaches
- excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to write persuasive copy.
Closing date: Friday 22 February.