Tommy’s| London | £40,000 to £45,000
About the charity/role
Tommy’s mission is to halve the number of babies that die in pregnancy or birth by 2030, and to reduce the number of babies born prematurely. This will be achieved by funding further medical research and reaching even more mums and dads with their cutting-edge pregnancy information.
Fundraising at Tommy’s is ambitious and high-achieving, with significant income growth meaning they now raise over £9 million per year, but there is plenty more to do as part of their five-year fundraising strategy to increase income to £12 million. The organisation benefits from a strong fundraising board which will be a hugely beneficial resource for anyone joining this team.
This is a key role within a successful and growing team, reporting to a new Deputy Director of High Value Fundraising. It requires a proactive Senior Trusts Fundraising Manager who is ambitious to drive the volume and scale of funders through a creative approach. They need an individual who is happy to work in a relational way to develop significant partnerships, not just focussing on traditional bid writing and reporting but looking at other inspiring ways to engage prospective funders.
This role has direct line management of a part time Trust & Major Gifts Fundraising Assistant and a full time Trust & Major Gifts Fundraising Officer. Knowledge of fundraising for a medical research charity would be beneficial.
As Senior Trusts Fundraising Manager you will:
- support the Deputy Director – High Value Fundraising to raise income from new and existing grant making bodies (trusts/foundations and statutory sources)
- line manage a team of two to ensure they develop the skills and knowledge necessary to perform against target
- utilise internal relationships to identify new prospects and create compelling proposals
- contribute to the strategic direction of the charity by developing an annual trusts, foundations, statutory funders and prospect research strategic plan
- input into the High Value Fundraising five-year plan.
The position would best suit:
- a proactive and relational fundraiser who can increase trust income through an ambitious and creative approach
- an individual with an understanding of fundraising for a medical research charity
- a candidate with a proven track record of managing high-level relationships and securing gifts at a six-figure level
- someone with demonstrable experience of leading a team and supporting members to develop their skills.
For more details, please get in touch at the details below. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 May.