Health/medical charity | London/Glasgow | £33,000 to £37,000
About this charity/role
Over the past 40 years, this charity has grown into a national charity with a network of dedicated volunteers, fundraisers, healthcare professionals, partners and families.
The charity has grown income by over 40% since 2012, and is now one year into a five-year strategy that aims to raise £8m annually across all income streams. Around £1.5m of this will come from trusts and statutory bodies.
The new Senior Trusts Fundraiser role will sit within the recently restructured Strategic Partnerships team, made up of major donors, corporate and trusts fundraising. In 2019 the team secured c. £350k, with approximately £50k of this coming from reactive trusts work.
The team hops to see a 40% uplift in income over the coming year, but has kept the trusts and statutory target at £50k. The main focus for the incoming candidate will be to build an engagement programme, switching from a reactive approach to a proactive approach.
The charity is looking for an excellent Senior Trusts Fundraiser to take ownership of the largely dormant trusts pipeline by:
- working closely across all internal teams (specifically with Income & Engagement, Research & Policy, and Bereavement Services) to create a suite of fundraising materials for restricted, unrestricted, regional and national projects
- driving the strategic engagement of new trusts and statutory funders, honing organisational intelligence and key stakeholders
- driving growth (working to a target of £50,000) by engaging and stewarding a new pipeline of supporters
- An experienced trust and statutory fundraiser with a background in setting up trust programmes, OR a fundraiser who has worked as part of a team to achieve this
- An emotionally astute fundraiser, able to deal sensitively with a difficult subject matter as well as with in-depth scientific research
- An externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent, wide ranging proposals with a 70:30 split towards new business in their first year
Closing date for this role is Thursday 9 January. Remote working from Glasgow office offered, as well as some WFH options for the right candidate.