It’s a fantastic time to join the Philanthropy team, who has seen 150% growth in their trusts and foundations programme over the last few years.
With a fantastic Head of Philanthropy and recently appointed Director of Fundraising and Comms with a background in high value fundraising, the team is well-equipped to continue their success and driving engagement and funding from notable partners.
This role will be focused on developing new business at the 6-figure+ level from trusts and foundations. The team already bring in an impressive £2 million annually from funders such as PPL and the Innocent Foundation. If you love building relationships, thinking creatively and strategically, and are proactive, this is a role in which you will thrive.
We are looking for someone with a track record of securing notable, multi-year partnerships with trusts and foundations or high value donors, preferably with experience of the entire cultivation cycle.
About the role
As Senior Trusts and Foundations Manager, you will:
- Support the Head of Philanthropy and play a leading role in the strategic development and execution of a trusts and foundations strategy to deliver ambitious and sustainable growth
- Lead, manage and drive a pipeline of trusts and foundations, focusing on gifts of £100k+
- Spearhead the development and implementation of innovative and compelling donor cultivation activities
- Identify and research new trusts and foundations that are strong funding prospects for Action Against Hunger to ensure a dynamic and high-value pipeline
Ideal skills and experience:
- Demonstrable success in prospecting, cultivating and securing high 5- and 6-figure partnerships with trusts and foundations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to foster collaborative and productive relationships with internal colleagues and senior external stakeholders
- Proven experience of managing and developing a pipeline of funders
- A proactive, enthusiastic and results driven attitude
Employee benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service after two years)
- Buy up to five extra days of annual leave each year
- 5% employer contribution pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay (starting at four weeks full pay plus two weeks half pay, increasing with service)
- Up to five days paid carers’ leave
- Up to 24 hours paid leave per year for employer-supported volunteering
- Private medical insurance
- Health cashback scheme, including dentist and optician appointments
- Discounted online shopping and gym/health club membership
- Free confidential access to financial and legal advisors
- Telephone and online counselling sessions