WaterAid | London | £40,000 to £44,000
About the charity/role
WaterAid is ambitious, dynamic and rewarding. They are a well-known, innovative brand and a 2018 Great Place to Work award winner. The philanthropy and trusts team manage WaterAid’s highest value and complex trust relationships, contributing to their ambitious growth plan.
The purpose of this role is to focus on <£100,000 opportunities, and requires someone that gets their energy and drive from this type of strategic work. The successful candidate will lead WaterAid’s efforts to identify, cultivate and secure new funders across an exciting prospect portfolio.
WaterAid are looking for someone with the ability and demonstrable experience of negotiating complex new business opportunities. Developing and managing some of the organisation’s most important trust relationships, this role requires a creative and innovative thinker who particularly enjoys finding and developing new funding relationships.
The Trusts team of seven have a target of £5.5 million for this year and need an ambitious candidate to help them achieve this.
As Senior Trusts Fundraising Manager you will:
- create and implement the trusts team strategy for business development, building a sustainable pipeline of prospects and securing new partnerships
- develop and secure a high value portfolio of trusts and foundations. The new business team have been hugely successful and the structure of WaterAid means they are now able to look at exciting funding opportunities from Europe and the US to support this
- collaborate internally to prepare and deliver high quality funding information in line with donor requirements
- directly manage a Trust Manager responsible for business development, ensuring they are supported and developed to achieve against individual and team targets.
The position would best suit
- an experienced Senior Trust Manager, skilled at thinking creatively and finding innovative ways to engage prospective and current funding partners
- a strategic thinker, able to see the bigger picture and implement an ambitious and effective new business strategy
- someone with confidence to lead work with senior level stakeholders, internally and externally, in order to secure significant income.
For more details, please get in touch. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 May, with interviews taking place on Wednesday 15 May.