Health/medical charity | London | Up to £35,000, or, for the right candidate, a 4 day a week role at £35,000 (FTE c.£46,000)
About the charity/role
This medical charity offers support and practical information, campaigns and funds research.
The Senior Trust Fundraiser will complete a team of four which sits within the wider fundraising and communication department, made up of Trusts and Lottery, Partnerships (major donor, events and corporate), Supporter Experience, Public Fundraising and MarComms. The overall income target is c.£14m.
The Trust team’s target currently stands at c.£1m, whereby approximately half of this comes from Big Lottery Funding. The successful candidate will be expected to steward an already strong portfolio of bodies that give upwards of £5k, in ‘business as usual’ work. As well as this, the post holder will need to work with the Head of Trusts and other key internal stakeholders to create new funding projects that are attractive to the healthy pipeline of prospective donors whose current giving needs do not marry with the charity’s ‘business as usual’ work.
A Senior Trust Fundraiser is needed to help build and steer a long term, sustainable Trust programme by:
- continuing the stewardship of a portfolio of warm funders who give upwards of £5k including the Big Lottery and key bio medical bodies
- growing their pipeline of mid- and high-level giving as well as securing multi-year/high value giving
- kick starting and owning a fledgling programme of bespoke fundraising projects by working closely and strategically with senior internal stakeholders to allow the charity to extend their focus to a wider audience.
The position would best suit:
- an experienced senior fundraiser looking for a four day a week role OR a developing fundraising manager looking to broaden and develop their professional experience
- a creative fundraiser, well versed in securing five figure gifts, with a track record of raising significant funds from trusts and statutory bodies including the Big Lottery
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals
- someone who can expertly steward, manage and develop funding relationships
- a proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks, to supporting the wider fundraising team, undertaking administrative tasks, financial reporting and upholding fundraising best practice.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 25 September, with interviews the following week.
For more information or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com.