“I’ve only been in the UK for a year. When I came here, at first I felt very bad. But after I heard about Refugee Council, they helped me very much, I want to say that. I think Refugee Council has special members, they are very friendly and very helpful, especially for me.” Ayse, from Turkey
As Senior Trust and Statutory Fundraising Officer, you will be fundraising for powerful work to right the injustices you read about in the news every day. Here are some of the funding priorities for this role:
● Age disputes: hundreds of children every year who arrive in the UK, alone, are told they aren’t children, they don’t deserve care or education, and must live with adults. Your funders can support them to fight that decision.
● Traumatised children: you will be fundraising for therapy and support to help children and young people seeking asylum overcome the trauma they’ve been through.
● Stuck in limbo in the asylum system: you’ll enable support and advice for men, woman and children who are stuck, waiting to be given refugee status.
● Fighting for what’s right: your donors can do this by enabling us to deliver attitude change campaigns or influencing National and Local Government.
● And more: employment programmes, housing support, access to healthcare
You will be an integral part of a dedicated Philanthropy and Partnerships Team, working alongside passionate colleagues to raise funds for essential projects. With a team that has already established strong relationships with major funders like Comic Relief and the National Lottery Community Fund, you’ll have the support and collaboration needed to succeed.
Introduction from the Chief Executive
Men, women and children, seeking protection here in the UK need your unique fundraising skills and expertise. Together, we can help people rebuild their lives in safety, in dignity and with agency.
I am personally committed to supporting our philanthropy ambitions as it is such a fundamental building block of our impact strategy. There is so much more we can achieve with the right team of passionate staff and supporters pulling together.
Refugee Council is on a journey of learning and internal transformation; we have a leadership team who have created strong and inspiring plans to lead to tangible change for the people we work with, we are developing sector partnerships to drive collective change and we have invested in our infrastructure so that we can make our vision a reality.
We now need you to help realise our potential and drive the changes we need to support refugees regain their future.
About the role
As Senior Trust and Statutory Officer, you will:
- Manage relationships with trusts and statutory funders at five figure level+, supporting a team income target of £600k
- Prepare cases for support for key priority projects, by keeping up to date with future trends
- Work closely with Business Development and Services teams to build propositions and to get the information you need, including service information or updates, stories, and statistics
- Work with our Chair, CEO, Director of Fundraising, Director of Services and other senior leaders to include them in conversations with funders
Ideal skills and experience:
- Experience of securing 4- or 5-figure funding from trusts, lottery or statutory sources
- Managing a portfolio of active grants, and reporting back to funders on time, and meeting their requirements
- Developing cases for support, proposals, reports and budgets, working with finance and services colleagues
- Ability to present complex ideas simply, you’ll be great at making things concise, and you have creative ideas about how to make your writing compelling
- Holiday: 28 days annual leave (pro rata if part-time)
- Pension Scheme: members contribute 4%, Refugee Council will match contribution up to 5% of gross salary
- Work Life Balance Policies: including flexible working, study leave and special leave.
- Paid volunteering: you can take paid, flexible leave to volunteer, up to 14 hours a year (pro rata)
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance of 2x salary