Battersea | London | Circa £48,000
About the charity/role
Battersea’s multiple award-winning fundraising department has grown rapidly in recent years with net fundraising income rising from £100,000 in 2010 to £13m in 2019.
This is an exciting and dynamic role, sitting within the philanthropy and partnerships team which in 2019 will raise over £3.7m support the delivery of Battersea’s organisational strategy.
The team focuses on building and nurturing relationships with high net worth individuals and charitable trusts with the potential to give five-, six- and seven-figure gifts to support the care of animals. They have a strong donor base of c100, with a further pipeline of researched prospects they are looking to engage. While they have several significant high value donors, they are now looking to grow their pool of prospective funders and increase the number of six- and seven-figure gifts.
This role will contribute to the development of the philanthropy and trust strategy and budgets, leading the team to successfully deliver them. This includes ensuring the team reflect best practice in all their activities, from cultivation and securing further funding to stewardship of donors. The successful candidate will lead on a small number of high-level relationships and become the key point of contact for Battersea’s development board and giving circle.
As Senior Philanthropy & Trusts Manager you will:
- develop and manage accurate annual plans, budgets and forecasts for the philanthropy and trusts programmes
- lead a team of seven (direct line management of two), ensuring high standards of relationship management and best practice are always met
- develop relationships with a portfolio of new and existing supporters, securing significant six- and seven-figure gifts to support the organisational strategy
- act as the main point of contact for Battersea’s development board and giving circle, and other high-level networkers.
The position would best suit:
- a relational fundraiser with experience of soliciting significant donations from high net worth individuals and trusts
- someone who can lead by example and is focused on best practice in order to support the development of their team
- an individual who enjoys an external facing position, meeting with prospective donors and establishing long-term relationships.
I’m looking for expressions of interest as soon as possible. For more details, please get in touch at the details below.