Bowel Cancer UK | London | £31,000
About the charity/role
Bowel Cancer UK is the UK’s leading bowel cancer charity. It supports and funds targeted research, provides expert information and support to patients and their families and campaigns for early diagnosis and access to best treatment and care.
Following a successful recent merger (January 2018) and development of a new organisational strategy, Bowel Cancer UK is planning to significantly grow its income over the next five years, so it can scale up its current projects to help dramatically improve survival rates of the disease.
Over the last few years, the trusts and statutory programme has seen significant growth from more diverse and multi-year funders, thanks to the development of new projects and its ability to work creatively with funders.
The team wants to grow their income from £600k in 2020 to over £1.1m in 2022, by strategically engaging new funders and developing current funder relationships. Currently there is no personal target assigned to the role of Senior Philanthropy Officer, giving the successful candidate huge opportunity to shape and grow their role.
Bowel Cancer UK needs a Senior Philanthropy Officer to:
- be a vital, active participant in the charity’s ambitious planned income growth from trusts, foundations and statutory sources
- work with the Philanthropy Manager to continue the successful management of c.100 current relationships
- be autonomous and proactive in driving the strategic engagement of funders new and old, maximising recent investment, organisational intelligence and key stakeholders
- work with other teams to help evolve and grow their project portfolio
The position would best suit:
- an ambitious fundraiser, keen to take the next step in their fundraising career in a small, well-organised and established charity
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated to generate new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals, with a 60:40 split towards new business
- an experienced professional who thrives on autonomy but is also looking for a truly supportive, positive culture that has plenty of opportunities for career growth and progression
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 22 January at 17.00, but strong applicants will be interviewed before the closing date, so do not delay in applying. Interviews are likely to be held w/c 27 January.
In the first instance, please send me a cover letter and CV.