Breaking Barriers | Homebased/Shoreditch | £40,000 to £45,000 | Full time, permanent
About the charity/role
Breaking Barriers are an award-winning organisation committed to empowering people from refugee backgrounds to secure fulfilling and stable employment in the UK.
After a year of impressive growth, they are now looking for an additional Senior Philanthropy Manager with a focus on trusts and foundations to expand the reach of their current work and fund new initiatives in line with their long-term vision.
The Senior Philanthropy Manager will manage and steward a portfolio of charitable trusts and foundations to secure annual and multi-year gifts. As well as managing relationships and uplifting income from existing donors, there will be a focus on creating new relationships through proactive prospecting, developing a long-term strategic approach to trusts fundraising.
You will also lead on approaches to corporate foundations in collaboration with the corporate team, and line-manage a Philanthropy Manager.
- Work closely with the Head of Philanthropy on the development and implementation of the philanthropy strategy, leading on development of a long-term trusts fundraising strategy
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects, developing tailored solicitation and stewardship plans for each donor
- Directly solicit grants, working closely with colleagues in the programmes, finance and data teams to develop proposals and engagement opportunities
- Work closely with the corporate fundraising team to develop a strategic and collaborative approach to fundraising from corporate foundations
- Build cross-organisational relationships to facilitate fundraising and strengthen understanding of philanthropy, including with senior stakeholders
- Line management of a Philanthropy Manager
- Manage and continually develop a pipeline of existing and new prospects
- Write compelling proposals, reports, and correspondence in support of strategic priorities
- Attend meetings and events as a senior representative of Breaking Barriers
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all activity and relationships on the CRM database
- Regularly update and report on philanthropy income pipeline and budget in line with progress to ensure the value and timing of planned income to the organisation is accurate
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in the refugee or migration sectors
- Experience of soliciting 5 and 6-figure gifts from trusts and foundations, statutory bodies or corporate foundations, including multi-year funding
- Experience of developing and implementing high value fundraising strategy (desirable)
- Additional experience or knowledge of corporate partnerships fundraising (desirable)
- Excellent track record of relationship management, including cultivation and stewardship of donors
- Experience of effective cross-team working with the ability to interact confidently and with diplomacy, both internally and externally
- The ability to process complex information and relay this to a variety of audiences both verbally and in written communication
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and other fundraising regulations in relation to high value fundraising
In line with Covid-19 regulations, the Breaking Barriers team are working remotely for the foreseeable future.
The deadline for application is the Wednesday 3 February, and will require a CV and covering letter in Word format.
Interviews will take place remotely w/c 8 February, followed by a final round w/c 15 February.