Tommy’s carry out ground-breaking medical research from their research centres, looking into causes and treatments for pregnancy complications, and have clinics allowing them to translate their research into care and connecting with women eligible for clinical trials. The charity also provides a wealth of pregnancy information, advice and support for women, parents and the public.
Tommy’s Partnerships and Philanthropy team is looking for a Senior Corporate Development Manager to drive new business development, as well as manage their key flagship partnership with Poundland.
New business is a key priority area, with plenty of untapped opportunities through lapsed partners, renewals on existing partnerships, and new markets to explore.
The Poundland partnership will involve leading the partnership through a new phase of delivery – the first time Poundland has transferred to a foundation, and therefore providing restricted funding. You’ll also look at future-proofing the partnership and identifying new projects of interest to the partner.
About the role
As Senior Partnerships Development Manager, you will:
- Lead and manage a small portfolio of partnerships, including Tommy’s six-figure flagship partnership with Poundland & The Poundland Foundation (portfolio value c. £350kpa)
- Work with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to develop partner and team growth strategies, playing a lead role in delivering a new business strategy using your expertise to meet financial targets and KPI’s (Team financial target of £900k this year, growing to £1m+ the following year)
- Focus on developing new brand and cause marketing opportunities that support Tommy’s strategic goals, as well as supporting the development of our wider new business pipeline
- Establish strong cross-organisational relationships with Marketing, Pregnancy Information and Research colleagues, to develop cases for support and prepare compelling pitches and cause marketing campaigns that win new support, generate income and grow brand awareness
Ideal skills and experience:
- Experience in and passion for generating new business in a charity setting
- Excellent account management skills
- Confidence, proactivity, full of ideas and self-aware
- 25 days’ paid holiday, plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day (after two years of service), up to 30 days after you have been with us for 5 years
- Buy up to 5 extra days of holiday, and spread the cost over the whole calendar year if you want. No qualifying period – you can start this from Day 1.
- 2 weeks’ fully paid Sabbatical after 5 years’ completed service
- Enhanced maternity & parental leave pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- 4% employer pension contribution (4% employee)