Social Welfare | London | £46,000 to £50,000
About the charity/role
This charity’s corporate fundraising team has created new roles within their new business function, to help focus efforts on securing new partnerships over the next few years. There is investment in this area, a fantastic brand, plenty of commercial interest, and incredible opportunity to secure some fantastic partnerships.
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Business Development to head up the new business team. The team covers a huge range of work, from one-on-one services to influencing and lobbying. The team has previously been very selective with new business, and wants to continue in this manner. With a large amount of approaches, it is important to be able to decipher which are going to be worthwhile.
- Head up a new business team of five, reporting into the Head of Corporate Partnerships
- Work on around 60% strategic partnerships, 20% commercial and 20% COTY
- There is scope in this role to be super creative with corporate partnerships, to offer a range of products and find something fundable for a lot of industries
- Responsible for the strategy and ensuring proficient implementation of the business development strategy
- Support the Head of Corporate with developing and implementing an ambitious three year overall corporate strategy, aimed at securing six and seven figure, multi-year partnerships
- The Senior Manager won’t have their own sectors for pipeline, but would likely be the lead on the really large opportunities – the seven-figure COTYs or potentially high-profile CRMs, for example
- Work with the New Business Manager to ensure they have enough senior support to give partnerships the best chance of success.
The team has a fab atmosphere, are social, and get on well with each other. We are looking to continue this with the new hires! They have great benefits, including 26 days annual leave and private health.