Mind | London | Up to £36,082
About the charity/role
Mind won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect. In recent years there has been a massive change in the public attitude towards mental health, an issue which is now also high on the political agenda. In this time, Mind have seen significant growth and evolution across many parts of the charity. They’ve rethought and restructured much of their fundraising and many of their services, and are continuing to work towards their goal building the best possible organisation, and voice, for those with an interest in mental health.
The Senior Major Giving Officer (maternity cover) will join a dynamic and ambitious team that has grown dramatically in the past few years. As a relatively new team they are looking for someone proactive and ambitious who can use their initiative to engage major donor prospects (<£3k) and work with the data produced by an established prospect researcher to maximise these opportunities.
The position manages a portfolio of donors and prospects with the capacity to make substantial gifts and will support the creation of a new special events programme. It also holds line management responsibilities of a Prospect Researcher.
As Senior Major Giving Officer you will:
- have overall responsibility for managing and growing income from a portfolio of donors and prospects
- work closely with the major giving team to implement the three-year strategy
- play a key role in developing stewardship, cultivation and solicitation plans
- be involved in the creation of a new special events programme
- work collaboratively with teams and stakeholders across the organisation to maximise cross-working opportunities
- line manage a Prospect Researcher to ensure a healthy pipeline of prospective donors.
The role would be suited to:
- an individual with major donor fundraising experience, managing high-net-worth individuals and successfully asking for significant financial support
- a relational fundraiser – someone with the ability to develop strong long-term relationships, both internally and with major giving prospects
- a team-player who can work collaboratively across teams to increase major giving income by proactively identifying new prospective donors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly respected organisation at an exciting time in their growth. For further detail please get in touch as soon as possible.