Ramblers | Vauxhall, London | £32,000 to £38,000
About the charity/role
The Ramblers work to protect and expand the places people love to walk, while promoting walking for health and pleasure. They are the only charity dedicated to looking after paths and green spaces, leading walks and opening new places to explore. As part of their mission, they encourage everyone to get outside and discover how walking can improve health and happiness.
Under the direction of a new CEO, Director of Membership & Fundraising and Head of Fundraising, the Ramblers is seeking a Senior Trusts & Statutory Fundraiser to support the implementation of the new three-year fundraising strategy. This role will predominantly focus on securing new funders for the organisation but will also be pivotal to the support of existing trust and statutory partnerships such as Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust, Sport England and Big Lottery Fund. As a promoting society of the People’s Postcode Lottery you will also provide support to this core partnership as required.
This is an exciting time to join the team at a pivotal period of their future growth and development, leading on applications and proposals for funding from trusts, foundations and statutory funders for both restricted and unrestricted support, with a target of £500,000 for the next financial year.
As Senior Trusts & Statutory Fundraiser you will:
- conduct in-depth analysis of the Ramblers’ existing and prospective donor base, leading on scoping out/researching further fundraising opportunities against a target of £500,000 for the next financial year
- support colleagues across the fundraising team on key projects and campaigns, including supporting the People’s Postcode Lottery account where necessary
- take a fresh and innovative view of partnership management, business development and the creation of new approaches
- prepare compelling written and verbal communications to funding bodies and make funding applications that match funders’ requirements and priorities
- maintain a range of professional relationships, both internal and external, on behalf of the Ramblers and produce suitable verbal and written communications for each audience.
The position would best suit:
- a creative individual with experience of trusts fundraising or bid writing, successfully asking for significant financial support
- a candidate with a proven track record of delivering against income targets of £100,000 to £5 million from trusts, foundations, statutory funders and partnerships
- a trust fundraiser ready to take the next step in their career and keen to work on securing significant trusts income
- someone with a love of the great outdoors and the desire to be involved in an organisation that spans environmental and health matters.
For more details, please get in touch as soon as possible at the details below. The closing date is Thursday 23 May.