West London Zone | London | Up to £45,000
About the charity/role
In Kensington and Chelsea, half of all children attend a private school and yet 40% live in poverty.
West London Zone exists to identify children in need of support within this area, before instigating, coordinating and helping deliver early and targeted interventions to help improve a child’s learning and well being.
Using research, detailed monitoring and a strict child-centred approach, WLZ coordinates various stakeholders (schools, charities, community organisations, public services, and families) to offer maximum accountability, efficiency and the best possible outcome for each child.
West London Zone makes the best possible use of the compassion, resourcefulness and potential that exists across communities, government and philanthropy.
Since their start in 2016, WLZ has seen significant and impressive results. They are now scaling their operation and investing in their operational capacity, systems, and fundraising.
We are looking for a Senior Development Manager – Trust and Foundations to:
- join the small but growing fundraising team, leading all aspects of trust and foundations activity – their biggest income stream
- manage a portfolio of c.£1.2m, made up of a couple of six-figure grants, but most in the £10-£50k region
- contribute to the 2019 organisational development strategy, enabling WLZ to work with 3,000 local children in the next five years by generating £6.8m
- line manage a Development Officer
- help develop a good list of prospects, warm relationships and excellent contacts
- make the most of excellent reporting and impact analysis, developed with Impetus and others
- help develop further case studies from the latest result publication
This position would best suit:
- a creative fundraiser who can work with innovative co-funded models like WLZ’s Collective Impact Bond, where every £1 donated unlocks £1 in public money
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals
- someone who can expertly steward, manage and develop funding relationships
- a proactive and confident team player, able to work well in a small charity and to “manage up” where required.
For more details, please get in touch at the details below. The closing date is Friday 21 June.