West London Zone | London, W10 6TR | Up to £52,000
About the charity/role
West London Zone is a unique charity that works within three square miles around the Harrow Road. This area is home to 66,000 children and young people, but 20% of them are at risk of failing in school, poor wellbeing, a life of crime, substance abuse, poor mental health and unemployment. In Kensington and Chelsea, half of all children attend a private school, and yet 40% live in poverty.
WLZ exists to identify children in need of support and to improve their learning and wellbeing. The charity makes the best possible use of the compassion, resourcefulness and potential that exists across communities, government and philanthropy to offer the best possible outcomes for each child.
Since starting in 2016 WLZ has seen significant and impressive results. The charity is now set to deliver at scale, having raised sufficient funds to support 1,000 children by 2023.
The Head of Major Gifts will be instrumental in raising the £6.8m needed from philanthropy over the next three years to kick start WLZ’s growth from ‘start up’ to ‘scale up’. West London Zone is a dynamic, young charity with an enthusiastic and engaged board of trustees who can give you access to an unrivalled contacts book. With your skills and encouragement, this can be nurtured into a successful giving programme.
WLZ needs a Head of Major Gifts to:
- lead this new income stream, with a keen focus on strategy and sustainability. You will employ logic and precision targeting of warm prospects, working closely with senior members of staff and regularly liaising with Trustees
- work collaboratively with the organisation to maximise relationships and asks. At the crux of this role is the ability to develop new networks and relationships, and the successful candidate will be expected to work collegiately to optimise revenue streams
- manage a portfolio of medium to large donors including UHNWIs and some corporate relationships, ranging from £1m to £25-45k
- support the Director of Fundraising and Communications and Development Officer to develop further, innovative and varied propositions, supporting evidence and engagement opportunities, including creating a Development Board.
- a creative fundraiser, well versed in securing gifts up to six figures, looking to take the next step in their career by leading major giving at an exciting and rapidly expanding youth charity
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals
- someone who can expertly steward, manage and develop funding relationships
- a proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks, to undertaking administrative tasks, upholding fundraising best practice.
To apply for this role, please contact me at the details below. Applications will be sent to West London Zone on a rolling basis.