Health/medical charity | London | Up to £48,000 DOE
About the charity/role
This leading health charity is looking for a Senior Development Manager (Major Donor) to joining a large, well established fundraising directorate who, on average, raise c.£85m a year.
The successful candidate will sit within the Philanthropy team, whose current financial target stands at c.£3million and which is made up of 15 staff. They are headed up by a newly appointed Director of Philanthropy, who is looking to develop the Philanthropy team further.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a proactive, confident, new business practitioner as well as an excellent steward of an already warm portfolio of HNWIs, leveraging the charity’s well recognised brand and campaigns to engage funders.
As Senior Development Manager (Major Donor) you will:
- develop and lead new and current strategic relationships to secure 6/7 figure gifts, working to a personal target of c.£350,000 and a team target of c.£1m
- line manage a team of three junior staff
- ‘manage up’ and across a number of key internal and external stakeholders, working closely with the Head and Director of Philanthropy to develop the annual fundraising strategy
- set and monitor team budgets.
The role would best suit:
- a proven and successful fundraiser with experience of writing successful applications to secure 6/7 figure gifts
- a creative thinker who is able to distil complex information into understandable, emotive and persuasive communications across a number of mediums
- a proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks, to supporting the wider fundraising team, financial reporting and upholding and keeping abreast of fundraising best practice.
Deadline for applications is ongoing but they are looking to appoint someone asap, so if you are interested, please do get in touch at the details below.