International development charity | Stratford/Fulham | Circa £45,000
About the role
This international development charity is looking for a new business fundraiser to join their 20+ strong corporate team to work on developing new opportunities around £100k+.
This is a very specialist role, covering six critical elements, working towards maximising corporate fundraising connected with this charity’s large-scale commercial project.
The role will include a lot of stakeholder management, especially internally, being a key contact for a number of different teams. This is alongside business development externally, spotting new opportunities for partnerships with companies.
- Work with the existing corporate partnership team to highlight commercial opportunities to traditional partners
- Work with the project’s commercial arm, to ensure that CSR activations are considered as part of the transactional sponsorship agreements
- Drive new business to the project, personally researching, approaching, securing and signing on new sponsorship, CRM or fundraising partnerships
- Work with commercial partners to promote additional charity activations, getting them involved with other areas of the charity’s work
- Ensure that any commercial deals meet the due diligence requirements set by the charity, in line with the contractual agreements
- Work directly with media agencies, to ensure the charity is within regulations, and possibly tapping into their commercial networks as well.
This is a complex, niche role, and would suit someone who has either worked in a commercially-focused fundraising team, or has experience of both commercial partnerships and fundraising. Business acumen is important, as is having the confidence and experience to deal with senior-level internal stakeholders on a daily basis, sometimes leading tricky conversations. Experience winning partnerships of £100k+ is ideal, and experience working on a big moment-in-time event would be desirable.