Health/medical charity | London | £25,000
About the charity/role
The Public Fundraising Assistant will report to the Head of Community and Events, but will also work closely with the Community Fundraising Manager and colleagues across the wider public fundraising team.
The main purpose of the role will be to contribute to supporter journeys which enhance the charity’s ability to deliver and grow income, while also providing an effective and efficient centralised administrative support service.
You will be a team player with excellent communication and people skills. You must be proactive, resilient and capable of organising and managing a busy workload.
Community Team Support
- Support the community and regional fundraising teams with the fulfilment of welcome packs
- Send thank you letters for fundraising income within two days of receipt
- Deliver excellent customer service to supporters so they feel valued, receive an outstanding supporter experience and are provided with guidance to maximise their income
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly monitoring reports for the community fundraising team
- Accurately code newly created online fundraising pages (JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving and other pages as required)
- Action the community inbox as and when required by the Community Fundraising Manager
- Monitor the daily press cuttings email and flag up fundraising stories to the Community Fundraising Manager
- Be responsible for checking community fundraising pages on the website to ensure they are up-to-date
- Help support the team with the management of office volunteers
- Support the community team with any ad-hoc administrative tasks.
Wider Fundraising Support
- Accurately code income on behalf of public fundraising, so that the finance team are able to account for income correctly
- Be responsible for the fulfilment of orders placed on the charity’s online shop within five working days of the order being placed
- Send thank you letters for unsolicited and appeal donations received within five days of receipt
- Send Welcome packs to new regular giving and payroll giving supporters
- Maintain accurate records of all supporter interactions on the charity’s database (Raisers Edge)
- Work with wider fundraising teams and other teams across the charity to maximise opportunities and increase cross-promotion.
- Represent the charity at fundraising events. Occasional weekend working and overnight stays may be required
- Ensure conformance with current and evolving fundraising regulation and guidance
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Head of Community and Events, Community Fundraising Manager, Assistant Director of Public Fundraising and Director of Fundraising.
Closing date: Friday 21 June.