Disability charity | London | £29,276
About this charity/role
This charity uses its network of over 400 local groups to reach people across England, Northern Ireland and Wales to support people with a learning disability and their families, fighting alongside them for a better future.
The role sits within the High Value Partnerships team, which is made up of trusts, statutory, major donor and high value events fundraisers. The candidate will work closely with team members across all four streams, gaining exceptional experience in a fast paced, demanding but supportive team. The current team target sits at c. £1.7m, with trust and statutory budgeted to secure c. £1m of this and major donor and high value events making up c. £500k.
The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting time following a recent restructure, which has allowed for the team to grow from three to seven fundraisers, including the appointment of a new, dynamic Major Donor Manager who is looking to drive this income stream forward quickly and effectively. As a result of excellent cross functional working within the organisation, the successful candidate will have an unrivalled opportunity to work across and learn from a wide range of key internal stakeholders, helping them to hone their strategic, bespoke fundraising skills.
- Push the current prospect research and philanthropy function from ‘desk research’ towards re-engagement, engagement and results.
- Work towards a personal target of c. £45,000, engaging funders (trusts, statutory and major donors), who give under £20,000
- Drive the strategic engagement of new funders
- Work with the Research, Services, Policy & Campaigns team to help evolve and grow their project portfolio
- A passionate fundraiser, looking to take the next step in their career, learning from a strong team of fundraisers,across multiple income streams
- An excellent relationship builder, motivated by maintaining strong links with an established portfolio of donors as well as generating new income by engaging new funders (an 80:20 split towards portfolio management)
Closing date for this role is Friday 13 December. Interviews will be held Friday 20 December.