International development | London with flexible working | £35,000 to £40,000 | Full time, permanent
About the role
This is a great time to join the organisation. They’re at an exciting stage of development and in the process of developing their next 3-year strategy.
As Programme Funding Manager you’ll be responsible for securing support from statutory/institutional sources. This is a great role for someone who wants to think a bit differently and creatively about programme funding, working with international teams to identify new funding opportunities and in-country applications – shifting the power balance between the UK and developing countries.
They are looking for someone with a new business approach to fundraising who can keep their finger on the pulse of upcoming opportunities and market developments – this will also include exploring consortia opportunities.
As Programme Funding Manager you will:
- Further develop and maintain a pipeline of new funding opportunities from institutional, lottery, EU and global funders (including corporate foundations) with a focus on multi year and six-figure funding;
- Work closely with international teams to support in-country funding applications;
- Establish strong relationships with existing funders, providing excellent stewardship and identifying opportunities for further long term support;
- Collaborate with other NGOs in key thematic areas – eg Bond Funding Working Group, consortium partners etc.
The role would best suit:
- An experienced institutional/statutory/trusts and foundations fundraiser with expertise of £100k+ proposals and projects;
- A proactive relationship builder – looking out for opportunities on a global scale and building networks to support funding opportunities;
- A detail orientated individual who can communicate complex information to a variety of audiences – ideally with experience/knowledge of international fundraising.
The closing date for applications is 28 October 2021 (CV and cover letter), please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further details.