Bowel Cancer UK | London | Up to £41,000
About this charity/role
Bowel Cancer UK supports and funds targeted research, provides expert information and support to patients and their families, educates the public and professionals about the disease, and campaigns for early diagnosis and access to the best treatment and care.
Following a successful merger in January 2018 and development of a new organisational strategy, Bowel Cancer UK is planning to significantly grow their income over the next five years, scaling up their current projects to help dramatically improve survival rates of this disease.
Over the last few years, the trusts and statutory programme has seen significant growth from more diverse and multi-year funders, thanks to the development of new projects and the team’s ability to work creatively with funders. They want to grow their income from £600k in 2020 to over £1.1m in 2022 by strategically engaging new funders and building excellent funder relationships.
Bowel Cancer UK needs a Philanthropy Manager to:
- lead the charity’s ambitious planned income growth from trusts, foundations and statutory sources
- manage a Senior Philanthropy Officer and a Philanthropy & Partnerships Officer
- oversee the management and development of around 100 funder relationships
- drive the strategic engagement of funders, maximising recent investment, organisational intelligence and key stakeholders
- work with the Research, Services, Policy & Campaigns team to help evolve and grow their project portfolio
The position would best suit:
- an ambitious fundraiser, keen to lead a team and grow income in a small, well-organised and established charity
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals with a 70:30 split towards new business
- an experienced professional who thrives on autonomy but is also looking for a truly supportive, positive culture with plenty of opportunities for career growth and progression
Deadline for applications is 18:00 on Friday 29 November.
In the first instance, please send me a cover letter to demonstrate your suitability for the role.