Environment charity | Woking, with some home working | £35,000 DOE
About the charity/role
This charity’s mission is to create a world where people and wildlife can thrive together. To achieve this, they are finding ways to help transform the future for the world’s wildlife, rivers, forests and seas; pushing for a reduction in carbon emissions that will avoid catastrophic climate change; and pressing for measures to help people live sustainably, within the means of the planet.
This organisation needs a Philanthropy Manager (maternity cover) to:
- Be a vital, active participant in the Philanthropy and Events team, able to make an immediate impact through stewardship of an existing warm portfolio and rolling out ambitious but achievable planned income growth (through trusts, foundations and major donors) .
- Work with a portfolio of high value supporters who give upwards of £10k, with the average gift being between £25k and £100k
- Autonomously and proactively drive the strategic engagement of funders, new and old, maximising recent investment, organisational intelligence and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with a range of internal stakeholders including a recently formed proposal development/bid writing team and research, services, policy & campaigns teams to help evolve and grow fundraising collateral for both ‘off the peg’ and bespoke material
The position would best suit:
- a dedicated, experienced fundraiser, able to quickly assess the organisational landscape and translate this into successful stewarding and development of a portfolio, working to a 12 month target of £500k
- an excellent relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders as well as established ones, developing excellent proposals with an equal split towards new business and portfolio management
- a driven, passionate, professional who thrives on autonomy but is also looking for a truly supportive, welcoming team
Deadline for applications is ongoing, but strong applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis, so do not delay in applying. Interviews are likely to be held w/c 2 March.
In the first instance, please send me a CV.