Youth/children | Flexible location | £30,000 to £38,000 | Full time, permanent
About the role
Philanthropy is a key growth area for the charity and has been a source of investment recently. This team will focus on securing new relationships and developing them into committed supporters of their work.
They’re at an exciting stage of development with regards to the growth plan of the team and have recently moved to a “work anywhere” policy as an organisation.
The team experienced significant success during their recent emergency appeal, including a six-figure donation from a new supporter. These relationships now require further cultivation and stewardship to convert them into long-term supporters.
As Philanthropy Manager you will:
- Develop and manage existing relationships, alongside identifying new major donors with the capacity to give £10,000+ donations;
- Support pipeline development and work closely with the prospect researcher to establish new supporters;
- Establish new groups of funders, in line with the organisation’s intention to broaden and diversify their donor base into new communities;
- Manage a small but key portfolio of HNWIs, producing development plans to effectively manage their relationships.
The role would best suit:
- A relationship based fundraiser, specialising (or keen to specialise) in major donor fundraising;
- An individual with a focus on the identification of new opportunities, able to spot potential funding opportunities and engage with new prospects;
- A confident and dedicated relationship manager, ensuring excellent stewardship and long term commitment from existing supporters in line with growth plans for this income stream;
- A collaborative worker – eager to work with other teams (such as special events/trusts etc) to support pipeline development and establish new relationships.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further details.