Social welfare charity | London, some home working | Circa £35,000 | Full time, two year contract
About the charity/role
Major donor fundraising is the second largest source of income for the organisation, raising c.£1m per annum. They have a number of significant and committed donors who contribute to the core activities of the organisation. This role will specifically focus on securing donations for a new fund which recently launched with funding support from DCMS.
With commitment and support from the trustees the organisation are currently looking at establishing an Appeal Board which will work closely with this role to support lead generation for prospect development. They have a strong proposition and processes already in place for this role to achieve success.
As Philanthropy Manager you will:
- Support diversification of the major donor programme and pipeline development – looking at new/creative ways to develop communities of supporters giving £10,000+.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team, ensuring opportunities are identified and maximised.
- Ensure the organisation reaches it’s £3m appeal target over the next 3 years (£1m already secured).
The role would best suit:
- An individual with experience of achieving growth in major donor income and a track record of five-figure gifts.
- Someone with expertise of pipeline development, able to spot new opportunities and establish strong donor relationships.
- A fundraiser with experience of working with senior volunteers/appeal boards – able to demonstrate strong stewardship and research skills to support them in their own asks.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5 April. Please get in touch for further details.