Health/medical charity | London | Up to £45,000 DOE
About the charity/role
It’s a hugely exciting time to be joining the Philanthropy team of this health/medical charity, as they look to expand the team with the support and guidance of a relatively new CEO and Director of Finance and an engaged and dynamic SMT and Trustee board.
This is a new role, helping to drive a renewed energy in philanthropic giving by leading on day to day fundraising from individuals who give between £5,000 and £1m, leaving the Head of Philanthropy and Special Events able to step away from BAU to focus on strategic direction.
Already this calendar year, the team has raised £400,000. With a large event just completed, the charity is looking for someone to engage and develop relationships that are in their infancy following this event, as well as manage a portfolio that is strong but needs to be re-engaged.
You will be joining a team of three – Head of Philanthropy, Team Assistant and Events Officer. While there is currently no line management for this role, within six months you could be expected to recruit and manage a junior member of staff as well as help mentor a prospect researcher, so there is huge room for professional growth. The successful candidate will need to be a safe, second pair of hands, allowing the Head of Philanthropy and Special Events to focus on wider strategy and team growth.
A Philanthropy Manager is needed to help build and steer a long term, sustainable philanthropy programme by:
- continuing the stewardship of a portfolio of recently revived warm funders who give upwards of £5k, working to a target of £600k
- growing their pipeline of mid-level and high level giving (anything up to six/seven-figure giving) as well as securing multi-year/high value giving
- owning the day to day philanthropic giving in this re-energised programme, making it their own, working closely and strategically with senior internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
The position would best suit:
- an experienced fundraiser able to hit the ground running, becoming the bedrock of this income stream by stewarding confidently as well as proactively looking for new, untapped areas of development (30-40% stewardship with a large amount of business development)
- a creative fundraiser, well versed in securing six-figure gifts and up
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals whilst working to develop an already robust portfolio of fundraising collateral
- a proactive and confident team player, able to shift focus from complex relationships and asks to supporting the wider fundraising team, undertaking administrative tasks, completing financial reports and upholding fundraising best practice.