Health/medical charity | London | £40,000
About the charity/role
Since the arrival of a new managing director, this charity has grown from a £3-5m organisation to, last year, raising c.£30m. They have ambitious plans over the next three years, hoping to raise £100m across all income streams. A year and a half into their fundraising journey, they are doing well, but now they are looking for a dynamic Philanthropy Manager to play a part in achieving their goal.
The philanthropy team provide the largest income stream for the charity and have a target for this financial year of £25m, which they are well on the way to achieving. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Philanthropy Manager and will be accountable to the Assistant Director of Philanthropy.
We are looking for a Philanthropy Manager to drive philanthropic giving by:
- acting as the cornerstone in this small but established major donor team, raising a personal target of c.£500,000 (dependent on experience) which will feed into a team target of £25m
- continuing face to face and relational development of a portfolio of around 100 individuals, securing continued mid and low level giving (anything above £10k) and bringing on high level support (five and six figure gifts with the possibility of quickly progressing to seven figure projects)
- reacting quickly to internal stakeholders’ needs by developing bespoke fundraising collateral for standalone projects, as well as using the current portfolio of collateral for capital projects
- working closely with internal and external stakeholders including senior volunteers and the Capital Appeal Board, leading on seamless site visits and engagement events.
The position would best suit:
- an ambitious, creative fundraiser, looking to take the next step in their career
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals, at the same time as stewarding, managing and developing funding relationships (50:50 split between new business and portfolio management)
- a proactive and confident team player, looking to work in a flat structured, fast paced, high profile charity that is undergoing an exciting time of change.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and those with relevant CVs will be invited for an informal meeting, in the first instance, with the Senior Philanthropy Manager.