Shelter | London EC1V 9HU | £34,619 to £35,777
About the charity/role
Over the last three years Shelter’s fundraising team have tripled major donor income to over £2m, but recognise there is still much more to do. This position is integral to the Philanthropy team, who are ambitious and creative in their approach to achieving a target of £3m by 2021.
The role requires an individual who can hit the ground running and further engage a warm prospect pool of major donors. With a personal income target of £350k, you will cultivate and solicit four- and five-figure donations from existing and new prospects.
The team have a well-established giving club, with an average annual donation of £5,000. They recognise that there is significant potential to uplift this and achieve greater impact through this receptive audience. This role will manage the giving club initiatives and craft bespoke proposals and stewardship journeys for new and existing major donor prospects.
As Philanthropy Manager you will:
- have responsibility for overseeing the management of an established giving club, creating new initiatives to drive further engagement and increase the average donation
- shape and develop supporter materials, taking ownership of these and ensuring they achieve significant engagement
- line manage an executive responsible for quarterly mailings, imparting knowledge and supporting their development
- identify new major donor prospects, developing bespoke proposals that inspire them to give to Shelter.
The position would best suit:
- a candidate with a proven track record of building strong relationships and a solid understanding of major donor fundraising
- someone who can lead and support the development of an executive
- someone who is willing to get stuck in, eager to impart their knowledge and support the development of the team.
For more details, please get in touch at the details below. The closing date is Friday 7 June.