Bowel Cancer UK | London | £28,000
About the charity/role
Bowel Cancer UK is the UK’s leading bowel cancer charity. It supports and funds targeted research, provides expert information and support to patients and their families, and campaigns for early diagnosis and access to best treatment and care.
Following a successful merger in 2018 and development of a new organisational strategy, Bowel Cancer UK is planning to significantly grow their income over the next five years, so they can scale up current projects to help dramatically improve survival rates of this disease.
Over the last few years, the trust and statutory programme has seen significant growth from more diverse and multi-year funders, thanks to the development of new projects and the team working creatively with funders.
Bowel Cancer UK want to grow their trust income from £600k in 2020 to over £1.1m in 2022, by strategically engaging new funders and developing current funder relationships.
Alongside this, they are developing and rolling out a burgeoning major donor programme, and the successful candidate will help build a focused portfolio for this income stream.
This role sits within the philanthropy and partnerships team, consisting of the Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships, Philanthropy Manager, Senior Corporate Partnerships Executive and Senior Philanthropy Officer.
Bowel Cancer UK needs a Philanthropy and Partnerships Officer to:
- be a vital, active participant in their ambitious planned income growth from trusts, foundations, major donors and corporate sources
- push the current prospect research function from ‘desk research’ towards re-engagement, engagement and results, supporting the whole team
- work to a time split of 10% administrative duties, 50% trust, 30% corporate and 10% major donor (although this is fluid and may change depending on the candidate’s successes and preference)
- drive the strategic engagement of new trust funders who give under £5k
- work with the research, services, policy & campaigns team to help evolve and grow their project portfolio
The position would best suit:
- a passionate fundraiser, looking to take the next step in the career, learning from a strong team of fundraisers across multiple income streams
- an excellent relationship builder, motivated by maintaining strong links with an established portfolio of donors as well as generating new income by engaging new funders
- a fundraiser with excellent attention to detail and experience of data base management
Deadline for applications is 17:00 on Wednesday 11 March, but strong applicants will be interviewed before the closing date, so do not delay in applying.
Interviews are likely to be held w/c 16 March.