Housing and homelessness | London | £35,000 to £39,000
About the role
This charity has set out a new five-year strategy, which provides context for the organisation’s work and mission to end homelessness. The strategy reflects a change of emphasis from growing the capacity of services to maximising the impact of what they do, all informed by the experiences and insights of people who have experienced homelessness.
There is great potential here for new prospects and existing supporters to get behind the new organisational strategy and support the future development of the charity.
Reporting directly to the Head of Philanthropy, you will contribute to the team business planning process and evolution of the philanthropy and partnerships strategy.
Ambitious growth plans for fundraising means that a permanent role will potentially become available after 12 months.
The team has had great success securing smaller level donations and are currently cultivating some exciting larger prospects. The purpose of this role is to bridge the gap between these income levels, working on prospects under £25,000 to support the increase in resources and investment needed to fulfil the organisational strategy.
As Philanthropy Account Manager you will:
- develop relationships with a portfolio of new and existing supporters, securing gifts of five-figures and above
- work closely with the prospect research team to manage a healthy prospect pipeline
- build strong internal relationships to identify funding opportunities and ways to involve supporters and prospects
- support and facilitate peer-to-peer giving, working closely with senior volunteers.
The position would best suit:
- a relational fundraiser with a flair for spotting opportunities and thinking broadly
- a candidate with a proven track record of building strong relationships and securing gifts at a five-figure level
- an ambitious and proactive individual who can see the bigger picture and has an entrepreneurial attitude
- someone who is willing to get stuck in, with excellent communications skills and the ability to learn quickly.
For more details, please get in touch with me at the details below. Interviews will be held on Monday 20 May 2019.