Fight for Peace | Newham, E16 | c. £30,000
About the charity/role
Fight for Peace is an international NGO, supporting young people in communities affected by crime and violence. They use boxing and martial arts, combined with education and personal development, to realise the potential of young people.
They are looking for a Partnerships Officer to join their small, dynamic fundraising team, who raise funds for the London Academy and the UK-wide network of over 40 partner organisations. You will focus on trusts and statutory asks from £5,000 to £50,000 but will have a part to play in the support of larger, strategic applications.
Working predominantly from their Fight for Peace Academy in East London, you will have the opportunity to see first-hand the work of the organisation and work closely with service delivery staff to ensure fundraising opportunities are maximised.
This is a brilliant opportunity to further develop bid writing skills in an organisation committed not only to the development of the young people it supports, but also its staff. You will be exposed to a rare combination of fundraising for locally focussed community-based work and national strategic work, along with exposure to the organisation’s international programmes.
As Partnerships Officer you will:
- focus on bid writing and report writing for a variety of trusts/foundations and statutory funders
- process and disseminate information in a variety of different ways, tailored to different audiences
- build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders – internally and externally – in order to champion the work of Fight for Peace and establish further funding.
The position would best suit:
- a sparky junior candidate, with exposure to trust and foundations or corporate fundraising and able to demonstrate exceptional writing skills
- an individual comfortable with taking ownership of and coordinating their own work, with the support of a small team
- someone who flourishes in a dynamic environment, able to work proactively and reactively as required.
For further details please contact email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 4 September.