Since 2003, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, the charity have helped more than 3 million women launch small businesses that can stand the test of time. Some are smallholder farmers learning to stand up to climate change, some are refugees starting a new life after running from conflict. Others are young women and girls with few opportunities starting to dream – and plan – for the future.
Achievements (so far) include:
- 4.3 million new and improved enterprises
- 6.2 million new and improved jobs
- +217% average increase in monthly income
- 84% of women with more freedom and influence at home
We are delighted to be supporting Hand in Hand in their search for an ambitious, confident Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer to join their award-winning fundraising team. You will join a team of four, including a Head of Philanthropy and Corporate Partnerships, two Philanthropy Partnerships Managers and a Special Events Assistant.
You will play an important part in raising funds for their network, supporting a commitment to achieve maximum impact for Hand in Hand members. Your key focus will be identifying, cultivating, and securing donations from trusts and foundations, corporates and major donors.
About the role
As Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer, you will:
- Grow income securing five- and six-figure gifts from Trusts and Foundations (60%) Corporate (30%) and Major Donors (10%), supporting a team income target of £1.8m
- Build relationships with a portfolio of donors through reporting, calls, meetings and events to update on project progress to secure further donations
- Actively seek new funding sources and work to manage a healthy prospect pipeline, securing meetings with prospects using desk research and networking
- Ensure effective delivery of a small portfolio of grants, working closely with the Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager
Ideal skills and experience:
- Proven experience in high value fundraising across, trusts, corporate or major donor
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with donors, and ultimately securing, as part of a team, successful asks of 4- or 5-figure gifts from UK and/or non-UK based donors
- Work closely with the Partnerships and Philanthropy Manager and Head of Philanthropy and Corporate Partnerships to gather accurate information from across Hand in Hand international’s team and network to help develop compelling cases for support
- Passionate about Hand in Hand’s mission.
Annual leave: 26 days a year, plus bank holidays.
Pension contributions (above and beyond the norm): Hand in Hand will pay 6.5% of earnings into your pension each month. That’s more than double the legal requirement of 3 percent, and almost a third more than the UK average of 4.5 percent.
Family-friendly workplace and sector-best parental leave: Hand in Hand is committed to financially empowering families and breaking down restrictive gender stereotypes. They offer employees parental leave at 20 weeks’ full pay or equivalent to new mothers or primary caregivers and 13 weeks’ full pay or equivalent to new fathers or secondary caregivers (this also applies for adoption and surrogacy). They also offer five days paid dependents leave per year.
International travel: Visiting their programmes and meeting the entrepreneurs they support is one of the most exciting and rewarding parts of working for Hand in Hand.
Gym stipend: Hand in Hand provide a monthly contribution towards gym membership / fitness or wellbeing activities.
Flexible working: Hand in Hand offer home working as standard on Mondays and Fridays. Flexible working requests (including compressed hours) will be considered for all roles.
Positive, inclusive culture: Being an employer of choice is one of Hand in Hand’s six strategic goals. They aim to have an 80% recommender score (measured via a yearly staff survey). They believe diversity drives innovation and excellence and aim to recruit 33% of all new roles from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the charity sector.