Future First • Flexible location with travel to London for team/funder meetings • £50,000 to £57,222 • Permanent, flexible hours (job share opportunities will be considered)
About the organisation
Future First is a small education charity with big ambitions and a vision for a world where a young person’s start in life does not limit their future.
Past pupils, known as alumni, are powerful, relatable role models. They show students that ‘people like me’ can succeed. Half of the most persistently disadvantaged young people don’t know anyone in a job they want to do. For many, the only person they know who went to university is their teacher. Future First wants to change this using the power of relatable role models, to support young people to see and build a future beyond their current horizons.
About the role
This is a new role for the organisation, focused on developing robust income generation strategies which put partnership working at the heart of fundraising. Future First’s employer partners and funders help to extend their reach and impact to more schools and pupils, especially those who are disadvantaged, and to trial the power of relatable role models to tackle some of the entrenched issues facing young people today.
This role reports directly to the CEO, leading on income generation for the organisation with a view to achieving long term, sustainable growth. We are looking for an experienced high value fundraiser to provide strategic leadership to fundraising and partnerships, establishing the systems and processes required to ensure that all supporters receive high quality stewardship and meaningful engagement opportunities.
With an impressive portfolio, which includes funders such as Garfield Weston, Pears Foundation, Esmee Fairbairn, Taylor Wessing and Legal & General, you will join a growing organisation with a solid foundation of support to build and develop from.
As Partnerships and Development Director you will:
- Take responsibility for leading and delivering income generation in support of organisational aims, with a focus on corporate, trusts and foundation partnerships;
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy, focused on long term partnerships and future growth that contributes to the sustainability of Future First’s key programmes;
- Play an integral role as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to the wider leadership and management of the organisation;
- Identify and establish a pipeline of funding opportunities, working closely with key stakeholders to maximise networks and develop long term committed relationships;
- Develop and lead an organisation-wide Programme Board which captures and articulates core impact measurements and ensures excellent stewardship and reporting for all funders.
The role would best suit:
- An experienced high value fundraiser with demonstrable expertise of partnerships fundraising (corporate, trusts and foundation partners form the core of this role’s portfolio);
- An individual who is able to manage across teams and functions effectively to meet income targets and successfully develop funding partnerships (formal matrix management training a bonus but not essential);
- A hands-on leader who has a desire to remain externally facing and working closely with funders and partners;
- A creative and solutions focused individual, eager to be innovative and establish new funding opportunities;
- Someone with a passion for social justice and an understanding of the issues/barriers young people can encounter.
The deadline for applications is 28th February with interviews to commence the following week. Please get in touch with Naomi at email@example.com for further details.