Social Welfare | London | £36,000 to £42,000
About the charity/role
This charity’s corporate fundraising team has created new roles within their new business function, to help focus efforts on securing new partnerships over the next few years. There is investment in this area, a fantastic brand, plenty of commercial interest, and incredible opportunity to secure some fantastic partnerships.
We are looking for a New Business Manager to work on securing new business. The team covers a huge range of work, from one-on-one services to influencing and lobbying. The team has previously been very selective with new business, and wants to continue in this manner. With a large amount of approaches, it is important to be able to decipher which are going to be worthwhile.
- Take the lead on a sector, although exactly which one is up for discussion. Tech, health and FMCG are all up for grabs
- Work on developing a pipeline of £100k+ opportunities
- Work on around 60% strategic partnerships, 20% commercial and 20% COTY
- There is scope in this role to be super creative with corporate partnerships, to offer a range of products and find something fundable for a lot of industries
- The role doesn’t line manage at present, but there is potential to look at this in the future (there is an exec within the team).
- A creative approach to securing partnerships
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to pick up the phone and to pitch in person
- A strong team player and advocate of the cause
- New business experience is a must, ideally within the charity sector on strategic partnerships.