Animal charity | London | circa £32,000
About the charity/role
This charity’s fundraising, historically, has been from the regular giving of the general public, with £6 million being raised and £4 million in legacies annually.
Their vision is to replicate this within major gifts, which currently generates c.£250k annually from a donor pool of 200 individuals or trusts and foundations giving up to £30k per donation.
The Major Gifts Officer will report to the Major Gifts Manager and work in partnership to prospect new trusts/major donors, write and compose applications for funds, and generate compelling project reports to attract new funding relationships.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain experience in every aspect of a major donor/high value process.
- Prospect research new donors and trusts, providing detailed insight into their giving capacity and alliance to their cause
- Steward a pool of existing donors by tailoring your major donor journey to their specific needs
- Write and create new proposals and applications to prospective major donors and trusts
- Assist the Major Donor Manager in stewarding donor events.
- A Major Donor/Giving Officer with a track record in obtaining grants and donations from individual donors and trusts upwards of £5k
- Someone who is target driven with a keen eye for detail, as this role will involve working on different projects simultaneously while maintaining the coordination between internal and external stakeholders
- An individual who has excellent oral and written skills.