Animal charity | Home based | £30,000 to £33,000 | Permanent
About the charity/role
The charity are investing in growing and diversifying income, set against a transformational organisational strategy to develop and meet the changing needs of pets and their owners.
To support and deliver their strategic and fundraising ambitions, the charity are looking for an experienced Prospect Research & Major Donor Executive who will play a critical role in developing a prospect research strategy to support the growth of the Trusts and Major Donor programme.
Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will be responsible for setting the standards for high quality prospect research and supporter experience, including managing a portfolio of existing and prospective donors.
You will be a tenacious, confident and enthusiastic professional with a sound knowledge of prospect research and philanthropic giving. You will advocate for best practice in prospect research and data management across the directorate and provide vital prospecting support to a growing Trusts and Major Donor team.
- Develop and implement a prospect research strategy for trusts, foundations and major donors to support the growth of the Trusts and Major Donor programme
- Review data on current and prospective donors, making best use of the database, prospect research tools and internal networks to support the development of a pipeline of trusts, foundations and major donors
- Provide excellent stewardship to a small portfolio of major donors, and support the team to develop enduring relationships with donors by providing high quality donor research, stewardship materials and plans
- Manage gifts from a small portfolio of major donor prospects with the guidance and support of the Trusts and Major Donor Lead
- Develop materials and plans to support the Trusts and Major Donor team with the stewardship and cultivation of donors
- Support the Trusts team with the delivery of the quarterly small trust mailing by providing a steady flow of qualified prospects into the pipeline
- Lead the development of effective donor contact and communication management on the database (Raisers Edge), working with the CRM, Insight and Supporter Relations team to ensure that the database is effectively configured to meet the requirements of the Trusts and Major Donor Team
- Assist the Trusts and Major Donor Lead in the production of trusts and major donor reporting and provide recommendations of processes to improve data management.
- You will have excellent and proven relationship building skills, supported by first rate communication skills
- Prospect research experience supporting either a Trusts & Foundations or Major Donor team
- Significant experience of writing compelling funding applications and/or stewardship materials and hitting fundraising targets
- Good working knowledge of fundraising databases (ideally Raisers Edge), and the importance of data protection
- Team player, maintaining close working relationships with team and other colleagues to achieve targets
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and results orientated with the drive to learn and develop in the role
- Commitment to the importance of animal welfare
The role will be initially home-based, however the charity have a London and Cambridge office to be utilized when appropriate.
The line manager will be shortlisting candidates on a rolling basis up to the closing date (26 October), with a two-stage interview process being held soon after.