Sustrans | Home based with occasional travel | £35,743 | Permanent
About the charity/role
Sustrans are committed to expanding the UKs walking and cycling routes, so that people of all ages in all communities are able to get to where they need to be, safely and actively.
This year Sustrans celebrate the 25th anniversary of the National Cycle Network with great plans to expand two new initiatives in the New Year.
Working closely with the Head of Fundraising & Retail, as well as 10 fundraising colleagues, you will be responsible for setting up and delivering the new Major Donor programme, as well as offering excellent line management to the High Value Officer in the team.
You will play a key part in the diversification of the charity’s income, contributing to the wider aim of doubling income to £6m over the next 5 years.
- Create and deliver the Major Donor fundraising strategy in line with Sustrans’ aims
- Work with the Board of Trustees and Senior Leaders to map out their networks and identify High Net Worth prospects, offering support and guidance to staff on making appropriate introductions
- Develop propositions and an appropriate case for support to attract Major Donors who share in Sustrans’ vision and aims
- Provide excellent stewardship and ensure each high value donor has a development plan, and regular internal reviews are held where appropriate
- Support the development of a donor-centric culture, to engage with all donors and partners personally and effectively
- Proactively lead and support the development of High Value relationships
- Line manage the High Value Officer, aiding their fundraising and stewardship development
- Work with the High Value Officer to identify current mid-value donors who could be upgraded with excellent stewardship
- Support the charity’s guidance on branding, tone of voice and key messages, positively contributing towards raising Sustrans’ profile
- You will have excellent experience with Major Donor Fundraising, and the strategic oversight to create and implement a new strategy
- Excellent relationship building experience with High Value donors
- The ability to line manage one junior member of staff, ensuring their continual development as a successful fundraiser
- Excellent stewardship experience, with the ability to build a strategy for fundraising colleagues to adhere to
- The ability to work with senior staff to implement the Major Donor strategy and offer guidance to colleagues on how best to approach donors of this calibre.