St John of Jerusalem Eye Hospital Group | London, EC1M 6BB | Up to £47,000
About the charity and role
Established for over 140 years, St John of Jerusalem Eye Hospital Group (SJEHG) is a leading healthcare provider for ophthalmology in Jerusalem and the occupied Palestinian territories. It is a charity that provides eye care to all patients regardless of their race, gender or ability to pay. There are 272 staff members in Jerusalem, West Bank, Gaza and the London fundraising office.
The five people in SJEHG’s professional and ambitious London office are all fundraising focussed. This includes a new Director of Fundraising and a developing team focussed on trust and foundations, major gifts, community fundraising, individual giving and finance. It is an exciting time of growth and investment for the charity, as they look to grow their networks and develop their established and excellent funder relationships.
We are looking for an experienced, capable and ambitious major gift fundraiser to:
- support and further develop a range of cultivation events and prospecting activities. The charity already has excellent projects and networks, including a fundraising board made up of very active HNWIs, a large pool of middle donors (who give £1k-£10k) who have yet to be fully engaged, and a strategic fundraising committee/trustee board who are an excellent resource
- deliver first-class donor management to around 30 HNWIs, that in 2018 generated £517,000 without a major donor fundraiser in post
- develop and improve the fundraising systems and processes needed to deliver the best possible supporter experience, enabling excellent donor development activities
The role would best suit:
- an experienced major donor fundraiser, keen to work in a supported but complete manager role with excellent potential
- someone broadly skilled, able to tackle various fundraising systems and processes as well as donor engagement
- someone that works well in a small but developing team
The close for CV and cover letter is Thursday 14 March. Please get in touch with Martin to discuss further.