London Transport Museum | St James’s Park, London | Up to £38,000
About the charity/role
The London Transport Museum is a heritage and education charity and the world’s leading museum of urban transport. As well as a world class collection of over 450,000 items, the museum has an extensive programme of sector-leading learning activities supporting young people into careers in both the cultural and transport industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join their high-achieving development team, taking ownership of the individual giving programme by managing the design and production of communications to build mutually beneficial relationships that support the museum’s five-year strategy. You will work closely with senior management, providing information on newly identified opportunities and managing their interactions with prospects, Patrons and donors.
Benefiting from a well-established Patrons Circle you will be responsible for increasing income from this receptive audience. This element of the role focusses on getting to know new and existing donors, understanding their motivations and identifying opportunities for involvement. Alongside this you will develop and manage a programme of strategic events, focussed on increasing engagement and support for the museum’s programmes and appeals.
As Individual Giving Manager you will:
- shape and manage the delivery of the individual giving strategy, cultivating a pipeline of prospective donors with a focus on and high-value gifts
- generate income from a range of initiatives, identifying potential for growth and further developing a well-established Patrons Circle
- develop and grow a successful Patrons Circle programme through strategic cultivation, stewardship and delivering a programme of Patrons Circle events
- become an integral team member for a capital campaign in 2020, which will launch on the back of the current Q stock restoration appeal.
This position would best suit:
- a candidate with experience of individual giving or major donor fundraising, with expertise in high value gifts, giving clubs and/or Patrons schemes
- someone who likes to be hands on, can identify opportunities and proactively works to implement new initiatives
- a confident individual, able to build and maintain stakeholder relationships with high net worth individuals and senior management
- an ambitious candidate with the ability to work autonomously and develop opportunities to the next stage.