Mind | Stratford, London | Up to £55,000
Mind won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect. A large and complex charity, it provides advice and campaigns for everyone who needs support.
In recent years there has been a massive change in the public attitude toward mental health, an issue which is now also high on the political agenda. In this time, Mind has seen significant growth and evolution across many parts of the organisation. The charity has rethought and restructured much of its fundraising and many of its services, and is continuing to work toward the goal of building the best possible organisation, and voice, for those of us who with an interest in mental health.
The Head of Statutory and Trust Fundraising will be a vital part of a successful team, managing and developing £11m of income from statutory (70%) and trust (30%) funders.
We are looking for someone to:
- coordinate and lead established and significant national funder relationships (including Big Lottery, Department of Health and Comic Relief)
- ensure effective management of existing grants, in a charity in multiple stages of development
- help spot opportunities across a range of project areas, working with multiple senior stakeholders
- lead on the written development and project management of high-value bids
- plan the strategic development of statutory and trust income
- manage a team of four with clear opportunities for growth and development in a successful partnerships team
The role would best suit:
- an ambitious but strategic and patient personality, able to work with huge potential in a developing charity
- a skilled written and verbal communicator, able to do excellent fundraising while working well with a range of stakeholder
- someone with a passion for mental health, a drive for improvement but the sensitivity to do it well