Sense | London N1 9LG | Competitive salary
About the charity/role
As part of the leadership team you will work closely with the CEO and Director of Supporter Engagement to achieve income of £1 million from major donors and special events over the next five years. At its peak the major donor pool brought in c. £300k – this has fallen in recent years and needs someone who can reinvigorate the portfolio and establish new relationships. Ambitions for year one are to secure £200,000, increasing to £500,000 by year three and £1 million by year five. This is supported at a senior level across the organisation at a time of significant investment and cultural change, in line with their new strategy.
This is an externally focussed role, requiring someone driven and passionate to lead by example and support the team of three in establishing growth from major donors. It will also involve the creation of a special events programme, starting from a small base. This offers a great opportunity to look at the options available to support this, such as the creation of a development board through established links.
As Head of Philanthropy & Special Events you will:
- refocus and build an active pipeline of prospects, leading on the organisation’s largest major donor relationships
- develop a programme of special events from a small base, with approved budget and support of a Special Events Manager for delivery
- shape and develop a small team, leading on best practice to establish significant relationships.
The position would best suit:
- an energetic and relational fundraiser, keen to be directly involved in fundraising asks/proposals and meeting with major donor prospects
- an individual capable of seeing the bigger picture without getting bogged down in the process
- someone eager to shape a high-performing team and lead on the organisation’s most significant major donor relationships.
For more details, please get in touch at the details below. The closing date is Monday 3 June.